This site provides personal informations like contact details, involved projects, special subjects and a short CV.
Fabian FaßnachtChair of Remote Sensing and Landscape Information Systems
Albert-Ludwig University Freiburg
Mailing address: D-79085 Freiburg, GermanyDelivery address: Tennenbacherstr. 4, D-79106 Freiburg, GermanyTel.: ++49-761-203-3700
Function at the department
- Analysis of hyperspectral imagery in order to detect forest damages and derive forest biomass
- R, ENVI, IDL, GIS
10/2004 - 03/2010 Studies: Forestry Sciences at the University of Freiburg
11/2006 - 09/2009 Student Job at Forestry Research Station, Freiburg, Department of Forest Growth
11/2006 - 03/2010 Student Job at FELIS, University of Freiburg
06/2008 - 07/2009 Student Job at Center of Cognitive Sciences, University of Freiburg
01/2008 - 04/2008 TRANSFOR Scholarship: Exchange semester at UNB, Fredericton, Canada.
Since 06/2010 Research assistent within the project ForestHype
11/2011 - 01/2012 Research stay in Chile (GEP, Universidad de Chile, Santiago de Chile)
Since 01/2012 Participation in the DAAD exchange project IKYDA with the University of Western Greece
Since 05/2013 Research assistent within the project WaldBiomasse
List of publications and presentations
- Presentation of a LiDAR-Workshop at the ISPRS Summerschool 2009 in Warsaw
- Presentation at the ESRI User Conference 2010, Darmstadt
- Presentation at the 7th EARSeL Workshop on Imaging Spectroscopy, Edinburgh, Scotland, 11th – 13th April, 2011. "Automatic Forest Area Extraction from Imaging Spectroscopy Data using an extended NDVI"
- Presentation at the 8. EARSeL Workshop on Imaging Spectroscopy, Nantes, Frankfreich, 8.-10. April, 2013. "Comparing feature selection methods for imaging spectroscopy data in the context of a tree species classification scenario in three different forest sites".
- Ghosh, A., Fassnacht, F., Joshi, P. K., Koch, B. 2013. A framework for mapping tree species combining Hyperspectral and LiDAR data: role of selected classifiers and sensor across three spatial scales. International Journal of Applied Earth Observations and Geoinformation. Accepted
- Fassnacht, F., Koch, B. 2012. Review on forestry oriented multi-angular remote sensing techniques. International Forestry Review, 14, 285-298.
- Fassnacht, F., Latifi, H., Koch, B. 2011. An angular Vegetation Index for Imaging Spectroscopy Data – preliminary results on forest damage detection in the Bavarian National Park, Germany. International Journal of Applied Earth Observations and Geoinformation,19, 308-321. DOI: 10.1016/j.jag.2012.05.018
- Latifi, H., Fassnacht, F., Koch, B. 2012. Airborne hyperspectral and LiDAR data fusion to describe forest structure. Remote Sensing of Environment, 121, 10-25.